[Fixed] 5.1.x Guru Meditation: VERR_IEM_INSTR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: 5.1.x Guru Meditation: VERR_IEM_INSTR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

Post by socratis »

Thomazella wrote:
VirtualBox VM 5.1.22 r115126 darwin.amd64 (Apr 28 2017 17:26:14) release log
The 1st post in the thread reads:
socratis wrote:This has been fixed with 5.1.22 for the majority of the cases, except FreeBSD_64 (ticket #16663), which should be fixed with 5.1.x test builds (build ≥ 115260). If it doesn't work for you, please post a zipped VBox.log from a failed session.
So, did you try the latest test build from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds and it failed?
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Thomazella

Post by Thomazella »

The first post said it's a FreeBSD_64 issue.

All good with the latest test build.

thanks.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Thanks. Good to know.
The first post mentioned FreeBSD_64, because that's the only report we had at the time... Fixed.

The other thing that I wanted to see was that your "bad" instruction had NOT been reported so far. In your case the culprit instruction was:
00:00:49.617775 CPUM: 0033:00007f62a80175ac c5 f9 7f 10   vmovdqa oword [rax], xmm2
which had not been reported before, but apparently is fixed.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Thomazella

Post by Thomazella »

Interesting... can I provide more info to help you guys out in anything? I did get to the desktop but whenever I move the cursor it glitches the screen. Maybe a print of that?

just out of curiosity, those instructions, is that machine language?
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Thomazella wrote:Interesting... can I provide more info to help you guys out in anything?
Not really, thanks. The fact that it works with the test builds is a sign that the issue has already been addressed.
Thomazella wrote:whenever I move the cursor it glitches the screen. Maybe a print of that?
Not really, that sounds like a complete different problem. Search the forums for anything that matches your guest and your symptoms, and if you don't find anything, open a new thread. Please make sure that you read the following: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Thomazella wrote:just out of curiosity, those instructions, is that machine language?
Close. It's called "assembly". The lowest humanly read language before you go down to 011000110010100..., although some people can read even that! ;)
socratis
Site Moderator

Re: [Fixed] 5.1.x Guru Meditation: VERR_IEM_INSTR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

Post by socratis »

Fixed as of 5.1.24, removing "Sticky".