No physical memory available - Windows Boot Manager

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Jim on Mac Host

No physical memory available - Windows Boot Manager

Post by Jim on Mac Host »

Running Mac Sierra and VB 5.1.18; Windows 7 64 bit guest.

I was having some problems with Windows 7 freezing and made the apparent mistake of experimenting.

I tried changing the Base Memory setting from 4 MB to 8 MB and got an error message when I tried to start Windows 7. I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the detail and just went back to change the setting back to 4 MB.

Now I get the error message: "No physical memory is available at the location required for the Windows Boot Manager"

I did find one other old topic in the Index that's related, but that didn't seem to apply in this situation.

Any suggestions?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: No physical memory available - Windows Boot Manager

Post by socratis »

Jim on Mac Host wrote:changing the Base Memory setting from 4 MB to 8 MB
Are you sure this is MB and not GB?

Since the VM doesn't start... delete it. Create a new VM. Accept the defaults. Try again...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Jim on Mac Host

Re: No physical memory available - Windows Boot Manager

Post by Jim on Mac Host »

Do I feel stupid? Yes, I feel stupid.

It was 4G, and I wasn't paying attention and thoughtlessly moved it to 4M instead of 4096M.

Changing it to 4096M works much better.

Now, I'll take a break and beat my head against the wall.

Jim