Mark "external display" als "built-in"

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Sunstar

Mark "external display" als "built-in"

Post by Sunstar »

Hi,
I installed VirtualBox on my Mac. Recently I created a Sierra-ISO and created the VM. The problem is that an application I want to use allows it functionary only when there's no external display connected. The VM-display is displayed as external in the System Preferences. How to mark the "external display" as "built-in"? I didn't found something on web-searches.

Would be pleasured if someone knows hints :)
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mark "external display" als "built-in"

Post by socratis »

I'm not sure you can do that. Not unless you figure out what OSX considers an internal display (what does it look for) and then maybe modify the VirtualBox source code to maybe present the virtual display as a built-in one. My bet? Not easily doable.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Sunstar

Post by Sunstar »

Hi, thanks for your reply. Is there no command? For example VirtualBox has also a command for specifying the processor-type. Maybe there's a built-in command line that I have to execute.

EDIT:
When you click on the Apple-icon in the left-top corner, press alt and then on System Information. Navigate then to "Graphics/Displays". On my MacBook is there the property "Built-In: Yes", so may there's just an easy workaround to reach this.
Last edited by Sunstar on 24. Feb 2017, 11:43, edited 1 time in total.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Simple answer? No. I believe that it's the only answer as well...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.