MacbookPro and VB with windows10 = no love

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
john.s

MacbookPro and VB with windows10 = no love

Post by john.s »

Hi great dev. team!
Any news on fixing the terrible lag on macOS sierra ?

For anyone living in the past, on a macbook pro with sierra, a windows10 guest UI lags BAD, mostly because of mouse integration (work much better with this disabled but than the mouse pointer is no longer too accurate and you loose the nice point about mouse integration)
Oh, and not just on my mac, ANY macbook pro (we have a couple here, but not big fans :D..)

I have a brand new mackbook pro, i7,16GB DDR, AMD M370X with 2GB DDR, and the windows10 guest is horrible :x while on a cheap i3 windows PC the same clone works like a champ...

There were some problems with the mouse "logic :?: " in sierra (like not being able to scroll 1line at the time) but it is now fixed.
It would be great news to know somebody is working a little bit on this!

Regards.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: MacbookPro and VB with windows10 = no love

Post by socratis »

john.s wrote:It would be great news to know somebody is working a little bit on this!
These are the user forums. If you submitted a bug report or added your name to one, that would be the best place to follow the progress. Other than that, you can hope that things will get better with newer releases. Most of the time they do...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.