Mouse sticking whilst in Windows on Virtual Machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
jamesedwards
Primary OS: Mac OS X Leopard
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows XP

Mouse sticking whilst in Windows on Virtual Machine

Post by jamesedwards »

I am running Windows XP on VB on a Macbook Pro. My mouse on my macbook has been a bit sticky recently but there have been no noticeable issues with it in OSX. In a particular program I am running in XP, my mouse/trackpad keeps on acting as if it is being permanently clicked/held down. When I scroll over tabs they are automatically selected hundreds of times and I loose control over the application. Once I restart Windows, the issue seems to resolve & I regain control over my mouse.
I am wondering whether this is an issue with my mac trackpad (dont think so as this happens sometime when I'm using a mouse also), Windows (probably not as the trackpad always seems to work find whilst clicking about the Windows OS tabs) or this specific app I am experiencing the issue with in Windows (didnt experience it before when using this app on XP on a separate machine).

Have you got any advice on what steps I should take to try & resolve?

I have downloaded & am currently trying to setup this driver in order to switch the tap-to-click trackpad function off, whilst I am in Windows environment (which might or might not be a workaround to aid the problem); http://support.lenovo.com/it/en/downloads/ds001814
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Mouse sticking whilst in Windows on Virtual Machine

Post by socratis »

jamesedwards wrote:I have downloaded & am currently trying to setup this driver in order to switch the tap-to-click trackpad function off
don't do it. Windows does not see a Lenovo trackpad, it sees a generic one. Windows sees whatever keys are being sent from your host OS.

I tried a couple of programs that show the mouse behavior, from this article (http://www.lassanamagassa.com/2014/09/7 ... pc-screen/):
- http://aalapshah.in/qipress/
- http://brookhong.github.io/2014/04/28/k ... ndows.html
I didn't try them all ;) but they seem to work.

Finally, did you actually try to change your physical mouse? Since it's acting up and all...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Phaseshift

Post by Phaseshift »

jamesedwards wrote:I am running Windows XP on VB on a Macbook Pro. My mouse on my macbook has been a bit sticky recently but there have been no noticeable issues with it in OSX. In a particular program I am running in XP, my mouse/trackpad keeps on acting as if it is being permanently clicked/held down. When I scroll over tabs they are automatically selected hundreds of times and I loose control over the application. Once I restart Windows, the issue seems to resolve & I regain control over my mouse.
I am wondering whether this is an issue with my mac trackpad (dont think so as this happens sometime when I'm using a mouse also), Windows (probably not as the trackpad always seems to work find whilst clicking about the Windows OS tabs) or this specific app I am experiencing the issue with in Windows (didnt experience it before when using this app on XP on a separate machine).

Have you got any advice on what steps I should take to try & resolve?

I have downloaded & am currently trying to setup this driver in order to switch the tap-to-click trackpad function off, whilst I am in Windows environment (which might or might not be a workaround to aid the problem);
Hey James,

Have you found a solution to this problem? I am starting to experience this as well after upgrading to the latest version.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

1. "jamesedwards" listed several symptoms. You have some/all of them? Please explain what you see, what you expected to see and (if you have) any explanation. "Me too" doesn't describe the situation adequately.
  2. Phaseshift wrote:I am starting to experience this as well after upgrading to the latest version.
    Does this mean that this problem started now? BTW, latest version will mean absolutely nothing in a couple of months (or even now). Please be specific. Latest version of what? Your host? Your guest? VirtualBox? Detailed versions not only help, but are required to understand the nature of the problem.
  3. Please do not quote the whole message verbatim. You could either have used the "Post reply" or edited the quoted message to keep the important parts only. Just to keep the discussion focused.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.