Control4 Composer Pro

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
FabSaiz

Control4 Composer Pro

Post by FabSaiz »

Any Control4 programmers here? I've been using VirtualBox for a week and all of a sudden i can no longer connect to director. I spoke with tech support and they were little help. They seem to think it has something to do with the network settings. They mentioned something about shared networking vs bridged networking. The weird thing is how it worked fine, then suddenly stopped working.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Control4 Composer Pro

Post by socratis »

I doubt that you'll find too many Control4 programmers here. So why don't you explain it to me like I'm a 6-year old? Start with what Control4 is, what is the VirtualBox specific problem (with details) and finish of with the full details of your VirtualBox setup.

Specifically I'd like to see the VM log file ("VBox.log.zip"):
  1. Start the VM. Not from a saved or suspended state. Clean start.
  2. Take the steps required to generate/observe the error. Record the error message. EXACTLY. Post a screenshot if you have to.
  3. Shut down the VM (if it hasn't aborted by itself). Not suspended, not paused. Shut down. If you can't shut it down by normal means, close the VM window and select "Power off".
  4. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show Log..."
  5. Save it (just the first log), ZIP it and attach it in your response (see the "Upload attachment" at the bottom of the form).
On top of that, I'd like to see the "recipe" of the VM, the ".vbox" file:
  1. Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Finder".
  2. ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it in your response.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
mac-win-control4
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows

Re: Control4 Composer Pro

Post by mac-win-control4 »

Hi,

I may be of help as I use Virtualbox (on OSX) and Control4 ComposerPro (on Win7) since some time now.

Within Virtualbox "network setting" of your virtual windows you should change the network adapter to "network bridge".

Looking forward to see if this solves the problem ..

take care ..