Changing location for saved clones

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
joneil

Changing location for saved clones

Post by joneil »

I'm trying to clone my VM and getting the following error:

Could not create the directory '/Volumes/VM Store/Windows 7 VM Clone' (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED).
Result Code:
VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005)
Component:
VirtualBoxWrap
Interface:
IVirtualBox {0169423f-46b4-cde9-91af-1e9d5b6cd945}

The path it's trying to save to does not exist as the 'VM Store' drive is an old HDD which used to run this VM but it was changed a while ago. How can I change where it tries to save to?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Changing location for saved clones

Post by socratis »

Check the VirtualBox Manager preferences, General, Default Machine Folder. Where does it point to? If it is not pointing to '/Volumes/VM Store', please post the VBox.log file and the 'Windows 7 VM.vbox' file (the next two steps).

With the VM fully shut down, right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show Log...". Save it (just the first log), ZIP it and attach it in your response (see the "Upload attachment" at the bottom of the form).

Right-click on the VM in the VirtualBox Manager. Select "Show in Finder". ZIP the selected ".vbox" file and attach it in your response as well.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.