No microphone on Windows 8.1 guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
SteamPoweredGiraffe

No microphone on Windows 8.1 guest

Post by SteamPoweredGiraffe »

The Windows Voice Recognition app throws an error that no audio device could be found. Likewise, there is no microphone present in Device Manager. I am running the VirtualBox 5.1.7 version made available to fix the problem. I am using a trrs headset (AudioTechnica BHSP1). If anyone could help me that would be great. Logs are attached.
Attachments
VBox.log
(103.14 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: No microphone on Windows 8.1 guest

Post by mpack »

Please in future give us a log that hasn't been converted to an RTF. It's also a good idea to compress it before attaching.

I'm seeing many errors of the following kind :
VBox.log wrote: 00:00:42.982959 CoreAudio: Failed to register sample rate changed listener for output stream (1852797029)\
Since you're running a test build of VirtualBox you should report this to the devs. At a guess I'd say that the guest app is trying to configure a sample rate that your host or VirtualBox doesn't support.
SteamPoweredGiraffe

Re: No microphone on Windows 8.1 guest

Post by SteamPoweredGiraffe »

I was running the test version because I followed the previous thread on on a similar issue. I have tried downgrading (as well as swapping out headphones) and have run into the same issue. I saved the log as an rtf because I wanted to remove my name from the rest of the logs - please find a non-rtfed log attached. How would I report this to a Dev? Thank you.
Attachments
VBox.log
(89.44 KiB) Downloaded 7 times