ctrl-alt-del (Host+delete) not working (5.1.6 on OS X 10.11.6.)

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Draenan

ctrl-alt-del (Host+delete) not working (5.1.6 on OS X 10.11.6.)

Post by Draenan »

I upgraded from 5.1.4 to 5.1.6 on OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan) and now I can't send ctrl-alt-del to a Windows 7 guest via Host+delete. I have to use the "Input" menu instead. Anyone else experiencing that?

Downgrade to 5.1.4 fixes it.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: ctrl-alt-del (Host+delete) not working (5.1.6 on OS X 10.11.6.)

Post by socratis »

Yes, it's a known issue with 5.1.6. Until it gets fixed, you can use the menu: Input -> Keyboard -> Insert Ctrl-Alt-Del.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
VKH

Post by VKH »

Thanks socratis, I am experiencing the same issue and look forward to the solution. I am happy to use the workaround for the time being, especially with the Ctrl-click multiple file selection working again in Windows Guests!
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

For current status, workarounds and if you want update, take a look at the bug report: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/15937
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Bug is now fixed with VirtualBox 5.1.7 build 110731 (and later I assume): https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds