File Option is missing

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Ricky_V

File Option is missing

Post by Ricky_V »

Hi,

I badly need your help. I just installed the latest version of the Virtual Box App on my Macbook. I'm trying to import an appliance (.ova file) but the "File" icon is missing. I also tried the installing the lower versions of the application but no go. I hope you someone can assist me with this. Pardon me as this is the first time with this tool.

Thank you,
Ricky
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: File Option is missing

Post by socratis »

Please post a screenshot that shows the menu bar of VirtualBox when it is running and active. Don't post the whole screen, crop the image if you have to. PNG is the preferred format. Attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" at the bottom of the form).
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Ricky_V

Post by Ricky_V »

socratis wrote:Please post a screenshot that shows the menu bar of VirtualBox when it is running and active. Don't post the whole screen, crop the image if you have to. PNG is the preferred format. Attach it to your response (see the "Upload attachment" at the bottom of the form).
Hi Socratis,

Thank you for your response. The only option I get is to create a new profile hence the screenshot.

Thank you,
Ricky
Attachments
VirtualBox
VirtualBox
Screen Shot 2016-07-18 at 6.21.17 AM.png (111.77 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Ricky_V wrote:Pardon me as this is the first time with this tool.
This must be also your first time with the Mac ;) . The File option is not per window, it is per application and it is always on the top of the screen, next to the Apple logo. Happy importing...
FileMenu.png
FileMenu.png (80.18 KiB) Viewed 1462 times
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Ricky_V

Post by Ricky_V »

socratis wrote:
Ricky_V wrote:Pardon me as this is the first time with this tool.
This must be also your first time with the Mac ;) . The File option is not per window, it is per application and it is always on the top of the screen, next to the Apple logo. Happy importing...
FileMenu.png
You're definitely right. Haha. I'm used to windows and just recently purchased this macbook. Thank you for your help, Socratis. :)
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

No problem. Enjoy your new Mac...

[Mod edit: Moving to "Mac OS X Hosts" from "Mac OSX Guests"]