Shared Folders 5.1 BETA with Solaris guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
stevielee

Shared Folders 5.1 BETA with Solaris guest

Post by stevielee »

Currently running 5.1 BETA 3, but noticed this same issue with beta 1 and beta 2.

I have a shared folder in my MacOS homedir that I having been using successfully with v4.x and v5.x versions of Virtualbox host with Solaris 11 and S12 (pre-release guests). Since the upgrade to 5.1 BETA, my shared folders are no longer automounting or able to be manually mounted from my Solaris guests. Is this a known issue? Am I doing something wrong? Any additonal configuration needed?

I tried removing the shared folder and recreating, logged out, logged back in, rebooted guest, nothing seems to work.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks!
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Shared Folders 5.1 BETA with Solaris guest

Post by Perryg »

You really should have posted this in the beta section or the DEVs may not see it. Recreate it in the right place and delete this one.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Shared Folders 5.1 BETA with Solaris guest

Post by socratis »

Posted in the right place: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=78254
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.