Dual Display not working

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
nothingbutsound

Dual Display not working

Post by nothingbutsound »

Hi all, I have installed virtual box 5.0.20 r106931 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running 10.11.4. I have made a windows 10 pro VM, how ever i want to have dual displays. I close the VM down go to settings>display>monitor count change that to 2, save the settings. I then boot up the VM and no monitor appears, so when i click on the monitor button in the VM window i see it says virtual screen 1 and virtual screen 2. virtual screen 1 all options for resize are greyed out, then when i select virtual screen 2 "enable" is also greyed out... am i missing something?
cheers for the help in advance!
Dan
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Dual Display not working

Post by socratis »

I changed my Win10 VM to have 2 screens, just for a test. When I started the VM, it started with 1 window only. Logged in to Windows and "Enable" was enabled for Virtual Screen 2. Right-click on the Windows desktop, Display settings, there were 2 screens, but you couldn't do too much with screen 2. From the VBox icon, I checked the 2nd screen, and everything became available on the Windows Display settings.

Wait a minute... Have you installed the Guest Additions on your Windows 10 VM? If not, please do. Follow the instructions in the manual.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.