OSX keeps idling VM

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
alexW

OSX keeps idling VM

Post by alexW »

Hi,

When I use Ansible to deploy my VirtualBox (debian8) VM, the Ansible execution constantly
gets stuck... And VM is not running at all... The only work-around I found is to keep a ping
to e.g. google from inside the VM.

My virtual version is: Version 5.0.16 r105871

Want to see if this is already a known issue and solution?

Thanks,
Alex Wang,
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: OSX keeps idling VM

Post by socratis »

That's the first time I've heard of Ansible. I had to look it up to see what it actually is. For the rest of the people that don't want to go searching:
Ansible is a radically simple IT automation engine that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
Like any third party VirtualBox deployment (Vagrant, Docker and Portable-VirtualBox come to mind) we cannot know for sure what they're doing. You'll need to ask them for support.

Try to install VirtualBox as mother nature intended it to be installed; stand-alone. If you have any problems with that path, let us know.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.