Latest VB disables MacMouse

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Marl
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows XP

Re: Latest VB disables MacMouse

Post by Marl »

Thanks I have uploaded the zip file as requested. I have removed the filters.
Attachments
Colin_s PC.vbox.zip
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
socratis
Site Moderator
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Marl wrote: I have removed the filters.
Great! Now try to launch the VM. Your mouse is going to be available.

Explanation
You had a "New Filter 1", which was empty. If you take a look at the USB basics and troubleshooting, #4: USB Filters post, you'll see that if a filter is blank (like yours was), it captures every single USB device on the universe. Including your host's mouse.

Now that you've deleted the filters (primarily the empty one) your mouse will be available inside your VM...
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
Marl
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows XP

Post by Marl »

I tried after removing the filters but it still didn't work.

I have restored High Sierra to my iMac and reverted to CB 5.01.10 which doesn't disable the MacMouse.

As I have a Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 I will probably download the applications I need to that. I don't know if this problem also affects Mac laptops but, as I know I am not the only Mac user to have experienced similar problems it may be an issue that you are still prepared to help with. Although I said in an earlier message that I was entirely self-taught I should have mentioned that I have had a lot of help since I first bought an iMac from the independent Mac Forum (http://www.mac-forums.com/) and I note that this problem also affects people who use VMware Fusion.

Thanks for your help.