Game Not Working

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
cyrisnyte

Game Not Working

Post by cyrisnyte »

Hello all,

First let me say, I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to the VirtualBox program as well as computer language in general. I did manage to get Virtualbox working and have used it for about 1 1/2 years.

I have Windows XP as the operating system on my Virtualbox currently. I really only use the Virtualbox for gaming and I have ran into a problem. A game I play is able to be played in 1440x780 resolution but for some reason it does not work on my Virtualbox. I get a lot of windows overlapping and blank screens. The XP only allows me to go to 1440x780 and the creator of the game told me that it should work at that resolution.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Game Not Working

Post by socratis »

Programs like games tend to push the physical hardware to their limit (you can only imagine what they do to the virtual hardware). Virtual machines will never be as powerful as the host, especially on the video side. Applications that have high requirements on the GPU (drawing, 3D, games, video) are expected to not work as good as on the real hardware, if they work at all.

Please read: Minimum information needed for assistance.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.