Guest additions fail, fedora guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
urza9814

Guest additions fail, fedora guest

Post by urza9814 »

Using VirtualBox 1.6.2 on an Intel Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.3 with a Fedora Core 9 guest. I installed the guest additions on Fedora, and everything seemed to install fine. However, none of the guest addition functions are working. Seamless mode is greyed out, Shared devices don't work, mouse integration won't work...nothing is working. Anyone have any ideas? It seems other people are having trouble with seamless mode too, though the only support tickets I've seen about it are related to xinerama...and as I understand it, seamless mode on OSX hosts and for Linux guests is a new feature in the 1.6 versions, so I can't really even try an earlier version.
frank
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows

Post by frank »

Shared folders should work with Fedora9 but Seamless/Mouse integration will not. During installing the guest additions you should have noted a message pointing out that Fedora9 guests are still not supported by the guest X-Server. The reason is that Fedora9 uses an X11 version which is still kind of experimental (1.5.0RC1 or something like that).