Can't Recognize iPhone!!!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
bruakerche

Re: Can't Recognize iPhone!!!

Post by bruakerche »

Did you install iTunes on your guest os? iTunes is a must to manage iPhone on Widnows;
Last edited by bruakerche on 29. Oct 2015, 07:49, edited 2 times in total.
treefrog26

Post by treefrog26 »

bruakerche wrote:Did you install iTunes on your guest os ? iTunes is a must to manage iPhone on Widnows
Well, yes... the problem is that iTunes on the guest (Windows) won't recognize the iPhone, so obviously iTunes is installed.
erdeslawe
Volunteer

Post by erdeslawe »

This same issue Windows 10/iTunes compatibility issue has been reported on the Microsoft's Windows 10 Community Forum a number of times. The favoured response now seems to be that it a problem with the iTunes Windows installer, possibly the included Apple updater utility that is also included in the installer. That conclusion seems to have some merit as some users have reported successfully extracting the iTunes.msi installer from the package and have then used that successfully, following which their iPhones have been correctly recognised.

None of the users I've seen reporting the issue were running Virtual Windows 10 Installations, so the obvious conclusion would seem to be is that is caused by a software conflict between the iTunes Installer and Windows 10.
alfon_sico

Post by alfon_sico »

Disagree
In my case in a clean Windows 7 installation doesn't work neither
Besides it get work with VMware Fussion and Windows 10 clean installation as a guest
(Same computer, same W10 ISO, same iPhone and same iTunes version)
doc.martin

Post by doc.martin »

I have a similar issue with a USB to serial port device. It is only with El Capitan, so I downgraded back to Yosemite and the problem disappeared. See ticket 14666
I am getting 00:02:20.400828 USB: Interface 0x1 on device '00007fb4587c7400[proxy 0e8d:0003]' is being used by another process. (prot=0x1 class=0x2)
Seems like Apple has changed the USB handling and virtual box is not yet adapted to it.
Please fix this!
aeichner
Oracle Corporation

Post by aeichner »

Everyone who experienced issues with USB on El Capitan and the VBox.log contains the following error message might try the latest testbuild available on https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds because it should fix that error.

Code: Select all

USB: Interface 0x0 on device '00007fda69c68670[proxy 0403:6001]' is being used by another process. (prot=0xff class=0xff)