Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device - VirtB5

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Savant

Re: Failed to create a proxy device for the USB device - VirtB5

Post by Savant »

Combination of switching from USB3 to USB2 ports, coupled with the VBox parameterizing according to it + the reference @socratis of by guest OS unsupported USB3 helped here.
juny

Post by juny »

pude solucionar con ir a Intel, descargar Driver e instalar en windows 7 últimate, para habilitar un disco de 2 theras,... no se si al cambiar de, mbr, contribuyó en algo por que lo tenía en gpt pero no recuerdo si venía asi
.. es un HD720 de 2 theras
... gracias dragynman

dragynman escribio:

yo tenía el mismo error. Y tuve que hacer una serie de cosas. Cierre la máquina virtual y agregue un filtro usb3. Cuando volví a arrancar en Windows 7, todavía me daba el mensaje El controlador del dispositivo no estaba instalado. así que fui a Intel e instalé este controlador usb3 roothub- Intel (R) _USB_3.0_eXtensible_Host_Controller_Driver. Ahora todos mis dispositivos USB funcionan.
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

[color=#BF6000]DeepL translator[/color] wrote: ES: pude solucionar con ir a Intel, descargar Driver e instalar en windows 7 últimate
EN: I could solve with going to Intel, download Driver and install in windows 7 ultimate
@juny
This solution (and many more tips) are already covered in the USB basics and troubleshooting FAQ.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
CorsariF

Post by CorsariF »

socratis wrote: 11. Mar 2018, 11:18 From the USB basics and troubleshooting, #5: Common problems
  • VERR_PDM_NO_USB_PORTS
    • You are trying to use a USB3 device with a guest that does not support USB3. See the "Guest support" section.
WOW this saved me the day

- powered off the VM
- went to USB tab and selected USB 3.0 instead of USB 2.0
- also used the filters to capture my Kingston USB pendrive

when I powered on the Mac OS X High Sierra , the pendrive icon was on the desktop

Also for you to know
- Used latest VirtualBox 7.0.10
- Installed successfully the Guest Additions (eventually during the install it can stop complaining for ORacle to be allowed, go to macOS System Preferences | Security & Privacy | General. In the bottom, there will be a question to allow permissions for Oracle. Allow it.)