USB issues with El Captain 4 help?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Chaos2984

USB issues with El Captain 4 help?

Post by Chaos2984 »

So I've been looking around and seen that usb is having issues with the OS X 10.11 Beta. Im running the latest version of the beta and not sure if i found that usb is resolved or not yet. I still get this error when trying to use any usb device wether it be a hard drive or a usb device.

Failed to attach the USB device Western Digital My Book [0165] to the virtual machine windows1.

USB device 'Western Digital My Book ' with UUID {549ea79f-4075-4c8d-abaa-fe1f4d3e55f9} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.

Result Code: NS_ERROR_INVALID_ARG (0x80070057)
Component: HostUSBDeviceWrap
Interface: IHostUSBDevice {c19073dd-cc7b-431b-98b2-951fda8eab89}
Callee: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

Im running the latest version of VB and have the extension file installed with it as well and still no game. I know i can use a shared folder to access the hard drive folders but I really need to use my usb dongle. Its a VAG com cable for hooking up to VW/Audi's cars.

Has anyone figured a work around for this issue or is VB working on a new update to address this issue? Or maybe something I'm not doing right to get it to work. I would use my other macbook but i don't know access to my copy of windows since its packed up for my move in 2 months.
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: USB issues with El Captain 4 help?

Post by loukingjr »

OSX 10.11 is not a supported host and won't be until after its official release sometime in Sept-Oct. There are still some USB issues with 10.11 even if you aren't running VirtualBox. I can verify however USB support is not working correctly on OX 10.11.

Your only recourse is to wait until it is fixed or roll back to the earlier version of OSX that worked for you before.

Just to add, even after there is support for OSX 10.11 there is no guarantee all USB devices will work in a VM.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

loukingjr wrote:Your only recourse is to wait until it is fixed or roll back to the earlier version of OSX that worked for you before.
Don't forget to add "or complain to Apple" :) They can fix it now, we have to wait.
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Post by loukingjr »

pshawww :lol:
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.