OpenSolaris hangs at 14%, anyone else have this problem?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Rockdragon

OpenSolaris hangs at 14%, anyone else have this problem?

Post by Rockdragon »

Hey all,

I'm running Mac OS 10.4 Tiger and trying to install OpenSolaris 2008.05 on VB from a live CD provided at a Sun event. Every time I go through the install process, though, it hangs at 14% and ends up freezing my entire computer (I can still move the mouse and everything, but I can't do anything, even force-quit, so I have to restart). It could just be that the install takes a very long time at that point, but if I accidentally let the screensaver go on, then the computer really does freeze. Once I restart the computer, the virtual machine will not even boot the live cd, and I have to delete the VM and make a new one. With the new one, the cd loads, but the install hangs again at 14%, Has anyone else had this problem, and am I overlooking any obvious solutions?

Thanks,

Rockdragon
Rockdragon

Post by Rockdragon »

Never mind, I figured it out. It turns out that I was accidentally giving the VM more memory than my actual computer had :oops: I lowered the virtual memory and now it works great. Though if anyone knew how to make the internet work, that'd be awesome too. I'm pretty much a noob at all this.