Inaccessible Error After Migrating To New Macbook - HELP!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
WannaBeNerd

Inaccessible Error After Migrating To New Macbook - HELP!

Post by WannaBeNerd »

I have virtual machines that worked perfect until I bought a new mac and migrated it over. Turns out that I downloaded a newer version of VirtualBox on my new mac and there was the above error. After some reading I thought it was because I was using two different versions. So I redownloaded the same versions that my old macbook had and opened the program. Same error. All of the VM's are there but I can't open them. Under each VM it says "Inaccessible".
Note I forgot to turn them off before I migrated over if that matter or not I do not know. Please help!help!

Runtime error opening '/Users/PseudoNerd/VirtualBox VMs/WinXP SP3 Craigslist MASTER/WinXP SP3 Craigslist MASTER.vbox' for reading: -102(File not found.).
/Users/vbox/tinderbox/4.3-mac-rel/src/VBox/Main/src-server/MachineImpl.cpp[731] (nsresult Machine::registeredInit()).
Result Code:
NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component:
Machine
Interface:
IMachine {480cf695-2d8d-4256-9c7c-cce4184fa048}

HELP PLEASE! I really need these to work!
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: Inaccessible Error After Migrating To New Macbook - HELP

Post by loukingjr »

First thing you need to do is remove the guests that are inaccessible. Start VirtualBox, Right-click on each guest icon and choose "Remove" from the menu. Then for each guest, you just need to choose "Add Machine", navigate to its VM folder and choose the *.vbox file.

I'm guessing you gave yourself a new user name.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.