when usb is enabled, mouse doesn't work

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
bonnie

when usb is enabled, mouse doesn't work

Post by bonnie »

Hi,

I installed a virtual machine so that I could put WIndows 7 on my Mac and then put Visual Studio 2012 for my Intro to Computer Science class. I installed everything and it was working fine until I couldn't use my usb drive. I downloaded the extension pack so I could enable the usb drives. However, when i enable the usb drives, I am having a hard time getting the mouse to work on my virtual box and my mac operating system at the same time. Something weird is going on and I know it has to do with the mouse. I'm really not that great at setting all of this up...I was just trying to be able to save my homeowork to the usb.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: when usb is enabled, mouse doesn't work

Post by mpack »

Create a non-blank USB filter that matches the disk, and doesn't match mouse or keyboard.

Or, ditch USB and create a shared folder on the drive. I would keep my USB powder dry until it was really needed. Mass storage devices don't need it.
bonnie

Post by bonnie »

Hi,

I'm pretty new to all of this. Only really did the virtual drive so that I could use Visual Studio 2012 at home on my mac. How do I do all of that? Would you be able to explain to me step by step how to do that? It would be really appreciated.

Thank you!
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Post by loukingjr »

Try installing the test build… https://www.virtualbox.org/download/tes ... 15-OSX.dmg

It should fix your mouse problem. Make sure to install the new guest additions in your Windows guest.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.