Speacial characters on a German keyboard under OpenSoalris

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
jsc

Speacial characters on a German keyboard under OpenSoalris

Post by jsc »

Hi,

i have installed OpenSolaris in a VM (Leopard, VirtualBox 1.6, OpenSolaris from the Live CD - first official release from Commnity One) on my MacBook Pro with a German keyboard. I am currently looking for a solution to use special characters like @, \, [, ], {, } etc.

In my Ubuntu VM it was quite easy to change the keyboard layout and the key modifier to access the 3th level of the keyboard. It behaves now exactly as on Leopard which of course is quite nice (it's of course bad enough on a German keyboard to use this characters anyway) . But i haven't figured out how i can do it on OpenSolaris.

Any ideas or tips?
borrible13th

Re: Speacial characters on a German keyboard under OpenSo...

Post by borrible13th »

In my Ubuntu VM it was quite easy to change the keyboard layout and the key modifier to access the 3th level of the keyboard. It behaves now exactly as on Leopard which of course is quite nice (it's of course bad enough on a German keyboard to use this characters anyway) . But i haven't figured out how i can do it on OpenSolaris.
Can you give me any hint for a proper working keyboard layout in Ubuntu VM? I wasn't successful yet. Thanks!