Disable Ctrl+Click emulating Right Click?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
blanka

Disable Ctrl+Click emulating Right Click?

Post by blanka »

Under Virtual Box ctrl-click sends a right-click to Windows XP. I don't want that as ctrl-click is needed for multiple selections and similar stuff. My mouse has a right button to gain access to the context menu anyway.
How do I prevent ctrl-click from showing context menu's?

I just found out that Parallels and VMWare suffered from this misbehaviour too, and fixed with a preference option. Cannot find a similar preferences option in VirtualBox though.
mbrowne

Re: Disable Ctrl+Click emulating Right Click?

Post by mbrowne »

I'd just like to say I agree, this is very annoying... I tried to contact Sun about it -- does anyone know the correct way to send them feedback about the product?

Otherwise, I'm considering using VirtualBox for professional work... it's a great product overall, and I love that it's free. Keep up the good work!

P.S. I was able to upgrade successfully to Mac OS X Leopard (as my host machine) but it wasn't straightforward... see this post: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=4444
RonPinkas

Post by RonPinkas »

Any update on this issue?

Ctrl
+ Click is very important in Windows, and worse, I'm not aware of any work around.

Ron
TerryE
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 10.04 & 11.10, both Svr&Wstn, Debian, CentOS

Post by TerryE »

The Forum Posting Guide explains how to search for existing tickets and the Forum FAQ tells you how to create a new one.
Read the Forum Posting Guide
Google your Q site:VirtualBox.org or search for the answer before posting.