Status of OSX on OSX

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: Status of OSX on OSX

Post by loukingjr »

The audio for my OSX 10.6.8 guest no longer works. I wonder how long ago that happened. :mrgreen:

I rarely open it.
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.
socratis
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Post by socratis »

Aren't you the lucky one... I've lost all audio in 10.5, .6, .7, .8, .9, .10 and .11. Will start going backwards to see when that occurred. Tomorrow, cause it's almost 04:00 over here ;)
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

I tried in VBox 5.0.0, .6, .8, .10 and .12. It fails only on .12. So, definitely a 5.0.12 regression. Comparing source code trees now, to see if I can find the culprit. Will post on the "Discuss the 5.0.12 release" thread and will open a ticket with proper acknowledgment.

Good catch there Lou!
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Discussion of the specifics of the audio not working regression between 5.0.10 and 5.0.12 should continue on viewtopic.php?f=22&t=75363
loukingjr
Volunteer

Post by loukingjr »

I thought you were kidding at first. At least I only have one OSX guest.
loukingjr
Volunteer

Post by loukingjr »

just an aside, iTunes no longer launches in OSX 10.6.8 guest.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Nope, no problem here with iTunes 11.4 (18), on OSX 10.8, in VBox 5.0.12, host 10.9.5.
loukingjr
Volunteer

Post by loukingjr »

doesn't open for me on two different Macs running OSX 10.11.2. oh well. :D

The only message I get in the console is "Existing with exit code: 1". Helpful :lol:
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Finally, added information about 5.0.16. Will try to update previous 5.x versions. Supported guests was getting too wide, so it broke in two.
br0k3nilluzion

Post by br0k3nilluzion »

Is this board still open, hate to bump something this old.. but going through these builds right now and trying to work with Leopard 10.5.6
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

@br0k3nilluzion
Yes, as you can see from the first post, I haven't updated the matrix in quite some time, and this is because as things stand right now they mostly (if not 100%) work. So, there's no need to keep track of what's working and what's not, most are.

It would be best if you opened a new thread and described the problem in detail.