Reset initiated by keyboard controller

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
aled

Reset initiated by keyboard controller

Post by aled »

I'm trying to run a Windows 7 guest downloaded as an .ova from MS's modern.ie site on my Macbook Pro 2009, but on trying to boot get to the point of "Windows is loading files..." at which point it appears to hang. Looking at the log the last entry is:

Code: Select all

00:00:21.059150 Reset initiated by keyboard controller
I'm running 4.3.10. VM has VT-x enabled. Have experimented with various chipsets, 2D & 3D acceleration on/off, PAE/NX, and using external keyboard.

Full VBox.log is attached

Can anyone suggest what to try next?
Attachments
vbox.log.txt
(58.76 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: Reset initiated by keyboard controller

Post by socratis »

A couple of things that I noticed from the log:
00:00:01.156500 File system of '/Volumes/ELEMENTS/VM/IE10.Win7/IE10 .Win7-disk1.vmdk' is fat
00:00:01.754937 PIIX3 ATA: LUN#0: disk, PCHS=16383/16/63, total number of sectors 266338304
The last one says that your virtual HD is 127 GB. Any chance that the fact that you're hosting your VM in a FAT drive is problematic?

PS. Why did you go to such lengths to hide your username? You left your IP there! You are soooo h4cked! Noob :D
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
aled

Re: Reset initiated by keyboard controller

Post by aled »

Yes that's done it. Disk was hosted on an external USB HDD. Shifting onto the internal (HFS) disk means it boots fine. Looks like I need to reformat my external disk :(

I'm hosted behind 9,000 proxies but have a silly name. Thanks for your help