USB device not being recognized

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
TheRubberB4ndit

USB device not being recognized

Post by TheRubberB4ndit »

Hey guys,

Equipment: Running OSX 10.9.2 on a Macbook Pro. VirtualBox has latest update with a 32-bit Debian VM. The USB device is a custom PCB - an Atmel device.

So not only does my VM not recognize my USB device, but it recognized it yesterday. The connection is presumably fine, and I know this because the LEDs on the PCB are staying on. I just don't understand what happened in the last 24 hours that could make it behave this way. To clarify, the PCB doesn't even show up on the list of devices when I click the USB icon. Any ideas?
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: USB device not being recognized

Post by socratis »

TheRubberB4ndit wrote:The USB device is a custom PCB
I've Got A Bad Feeling About This!
TheRubberB4ndit wrote:because the LEDs on the PCB are staying on
That means that the connection is working and more specifically the "power" part. That does not mean that the "data" part is working. And by working I don't mean the actual contact, I mean the logical part, the communication/protocol part.

Have you tried rebooting your host and/or your USB device? It might reset something that doesn't want to be reset otherwise.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
rpmurray
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 7, Mac OS X (various flavors)

Re: USB device not being recognized

Post by rpmurray »

TheRubberB4ndit wrote:I just don't understand what happened in the last 24 hours that could make it behave this way.
This usually translates to "I made a change that I didn't think was important and now it's not working."