USB Flash Drive not recognized but Wireless Mouse is

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
RLH

USB Flash Drive not recognized but Wireless Mouse is

Post by RLH »

Equipment: 2013 Mac Air: 107GHz Intel Core 7, Memory 8Gb 1600 MHz DDR 3 & a SSD 500 Gb drive 2 USB 3 ports and a Logtech wireless mouse the receiver of which is connected to a 4 port hub. The hub is a USB2 OS is Mavericks 10.9.2

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate using Virtual Box 4.3.10. Windows itself works fine and I can connect to the internet through my wireless network. The built in mouse and the wireless mouse both work fine and I have all the Windows updates installed. However, my USB Flash drive isn’t recognized. I’ve tried disconnecting the flash drive and printer from the hub, starting Windows and then reconnecting the drive both in the hub and to the connection on the Air. In each case Windows then attempts to install the drive but ultimately says: “Device Drive Hardware not successfully installed.” My external DVD player/recorder is also not recognized. However a phantom CD device does appear as a portable storage device regardless of whether external DVD player is connected or not.

Even with Windows running I am able to use the mice in both systems but the flash drives and the external DVD player only work in Mavericks.

I think the problems I’m having are connected to something I did when I installed the VM software but have no idea what. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get Windows to recognize the Flash drives?
iamedith

Re: USB Flash Drive not recognized but Wireless Mouse is

Post by iamedith »

me2.

Waiting for someone's solution...
iamedith

Re: USB Flash Drive not recognized but Wireless Mouse is

Post by iamedith »

I searched some posts, and someone said VBOX can't support usb 3.0.
What's your usb? 2.0 or 3.0?