onetouch not finding meter

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Ray Bowler

onetouch not finding meter

Post by Ray Bowler »

I am a diabetic using a life Scan On Touch meter. I have installed their diabetic management software version 2.3.3. When I connect the meter with a USB Cable which I purchased from them and click to download the meter readings at first it would just say that it couldn't find a meter. Then I downloaded a life scams Driver for the meter. Now when I try to download the progress bar gets about halfway across and the same message that it cannot find maker. In Preferences only COM ports can be selected but the manual talks about using the USB port. Does anybody have Amy ideas about this?

Thanks

Ray Bowler
Ray Bowler

Re: onetouch not finding meter

Post by Ray Bowler »

OPPS--I forgot to mention thart the guest is Windows 7.

Ray
loukingjr
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: just about all that run

Re: onetouch not finding meter

Post by loukingjr »

socratis wrote:Follow the steps below. If there is a failure, please state which step failed:
  1. Make sure that the extension pack is installed.
  2. Create a USB filter in your guest settings while the device is plugged in the host. Delete all values except VendorID and ProductID.
  3. Unplug the device.
  4. Start your guest (the one that you applied the filter to). Let it start completely. Log in if you have to.
  5. Plug your device. The filter should capture it and pass control to your guest.
  6. If the device shows up in your host and is not captured by the filter, either the filter is incorrect, or there might be a problem with your filter installation.
I suspect the reason only com ports show in the preferences is because you didn't install the extension pack in VirtualBox.

that should get it working unless the meter a USB 3.0 device(not very likely). VirtualBox doesn't support USB 3.0
OSX, Linux and Windows Hosts & Guests
There are three groups of people. Those that can count and those that can't.