Perhaps Noob Question With A Buffer Question

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Blaine

Perhaps Noob Question With A Buffer Question

Post by Blaine »

Hi,

I'm exceptionally sorry if this is well trod real-estate: I've searched the threads and haven't found my solution, though it may be out there.

So here is the question, followed by the buffer-

In trying to move my matriculate from Fusion, my VMWare .vmdk is actually in two pieces; Windows XP Professional.vmdk and Windows XP Professional-000001.vmdk and both of them are several GB.

I've tried to mount either with virtual box and no luck. Do I need to merge these somehow or...?

Now, all of that might be moot because I'm looking to use Virtual Box hoping that it offers a better virtualized video card than VMWare Fusion.

I have a Santa Rosa MacBook with 4GB of Ram, but with the standard video card since I tend to do processor heavy work (photoshop, illustrator, blender). Neither XNA nor GameMaker, however, are satisfied with the virtualzed video card that VMWare offers.

I use either for prototyping and proof of concepts, neither is available on OSX at the moment.

So... should I even bother trying to get up and running with Virtual Box, while I'm asking questions? I'm a huge fan of open source (big Blender fan) but I kinda already bought Fusion, so if it's not gonna give me the ability to run those programs...

Anyone? Thanks in advance!