How to press F8 key & block internet connection

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
barbeirovsk

How to press F8 key & block internet connection

Post by barbeirovsk »

Hello folks!

Well, I´ve installed te VirtualBox every thing seemed to be OK!

Today I tried to install a windows...

It starts well, the blue screens and stuff. But when I got to the License Agreement, I have to press F8 key, in order to move on...

But how can I make the F8 key works?

Yes, I´m working with the capture keyboard mode, but the F8 key does not work...
I´ve pressed left command, option, ctrl, shift and all possible combinations of keys... but nothing...

=P what sould I do?? plz help me!!! :)

Other question I have is, is it possible to block the internet connection of this VM? I have many unpleasant experiences with viruses in Windows, and I really don´t want to put my new (intel based :P) iMac, in a potentially dangerous situation... you know what I mean.... viruses. Are they lethal to Intel based MACs? even in a VM?

I thought in use the Apple firewall - I´m with Leopard - but I´m not sure that it blocks completely the internet connection of a specific software.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks!
Paulo
poetzsch
Volunteer

Post by poetzsch »

You have to use the fn-key + f8.

VBox uses NAT by default. This means no incoming traffic to your guest system is allowed. For the security of your guest system you should enable the win firewall and install a virus scanner as usual in windows. You can of course disable networking at all. Please have a look at the manual.