Mountain Lion

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
macrn142
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: XP, DSL, UBUNTU

Re: Mountain Lion

Post by macrn142 »

mpack wrote:
macrn142 wrote:Bug reports logged.
What bugs? Logged with who?
With Apple. Although it really is not necessarily their issue.
daniael

Post by daniael »

wrong answer. we can actually do more than "wait" for your "low priorities". we can start using vmware or products with professional attitude from developers

michaln wrote:Why don't you talk to Apple and complain that they broke VirtualBox again?

Other than that, all you can do is wait. Fixing issues with unreleased software has very low priority for us.
michaln
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Any and all

Post by michaln »

daniael wrote:wrong answer. we can actually do more than "wait" for your "low priorities". we can start using vmware or products with professional attitude from developers
Are you threatening to stop paying for VirtualBox?
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

No no, he's threatening to take his many helpful advice messages elsewhere.
grahamperrin

cross reference

Post by grahamperrin »

VirtualBox 4.1.16 released
• Mac OS X hosts: addressed issues running on Mountain Lion Preview 3 (bug #10267)
bokrass

Post by bokrass »

No no, he's threatening to take his many helpful advice messages elsewhere.
Hello everybody, I was just wandering around, trying to find a solution to this problem. By reading this thread, I just signed on to react on your point.

Even if I am not concerned by your incisive answers, the reactions of the members of the VirtualBox team stupefied me: Oracle and VirtualBox are well known to be very professional and provide useful advices to the users. I can just read here that it is not the case and it surprises me.

Moreover, could you just simply explain why this malfunction is considered by your team as a "low priority" error? From my point of view, I recently bought a new OS with bugs admittedly, but I use it everyday and I'm very disappointed to not use your powerful tool today. I hope that I'm not the only one in this case.

Thank you,
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

I would have thought it was obvious - "Low Priority" == "Not something which paying customers care about".

In any case if you look at the changelog you may say that Mountain Lion is supported since v4.1.16.
jhelling
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: 4.3

Post by jhelling »

Yesterday I moved from lion to mountain lion on my Mac Mini Server.
Upgraded successfully and ... after upgrade started VirtualBox ... as I'm using it on a daily full time basis ...
It worked y'day evening ...
This morning only ... VB did not start anymore and I got the message "Failed to initialize COM or to find the VirtualBox COM server. Most likely, the VirtualBox server is not running or failed to start.The application will now terminate.
Callee RC: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)"
Found this message on certain fora, indicating that a path would have changed ... can't seem to find however any difference ...
I do not know if this is due to the OS X Server installation ... I'm not into the fundamentals of this but ... things have changed again.
Has anyone got a clue? or does this resemble to the symptoms other people are encountering.
Help is dearly appreciated ...
thanks in advance,
Jan.