beta3

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
pvmstg

beta3

Post by pvmstg »

Hi, maybe it's me and my poor english.

I install on my imac 2ghz vb beta 3. I then select win2000 and install it with 1,5 gig of ram dedicated. It's work. But... no way to connect a drive nor access any of the share folder I specified.

Also... vb is verry verry slow on osX.4.11more like and emulator than a virtualiser. I often use vpc on a pc with less memory on a slower slower pc and win is flying and in my mac the same is slow,slow... Access to the cd is slow.... Lunch a program and it's like having a 350mhz.

Do I forgot somethig or do a near update will correct these
m@riposa
Volunteer

Post by m@riposa »

That the Shared-Folders are not accessible is a known bug in the Beta 3. I suppose this will be fixed in future releases.
The virtualization shouldn't be slow. My experience is that VirtualBox is very fast. I have no clue how to help you there. This is very strange.

Edit: If you want to exchange files between your guest and host system nonetheless, you can find a possible solution here:
http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=4386
pvmstg

beta3

Post by pvmstg »

Thanks, I will check the link.

For the speed, it's take me around 1/2 hour to install the sp4 and it waiting for and other hour and it's not finish for the windowupdate... Maybe the next version will speed it up...

But for now it's slower dans my old vpc émulator running on my ppc imac 800 for these installation. Haven't try program for now.

UPDATE : I trash everyting and make a new win2k install. This time in the process I had a bleu screen error message in the sp4 install saying that if appear again = big trouble. BUT after that, all go fine and now the speed is ok. So maybe when win install correctly it's messing with vb.

The only drawback is that vb still can't access the share folder nor any of my disk... I use sharepoint to make to win my external and internal drive show il win. NO problem with my physical win box. I access my mac drive, my attach firewires drive connect to my mac and vice versa I access all my pc drive from my mac finder. So look fine but until we can access drives.... it's use is limited.