cannot chhose vm after installing windows 7

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
theDaniel
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Wind-does-blow XP (Xtra Porous), ReactOS

Re: cannot chhose vm after installing windows 7

Post by theDaniel »

Sasquatch wrote:I was able to test it on one of our Macs that has 10.5.8. Here, I had no problems at all with 4.1.4.
Good, we're getting somewhere...
Sasquatch wrote:But, we also got some new Macbook Pros that came with Lion (10.7), which I updated to 10.7.2. I didn't test VB on them, because these laptops are for colleagues. First thing I noticed, was that I was able to resize windows using any side of the window, not just the bottom right as it is on Leopard.
It's not just Leopard; as far back as I can remember the Mac has had only one place to resize a window and that was/is a handle on the lower-right hand corner. It was changed in Lion to resize from any edge to be more like Windows® windows. :wink:
Sasquatch wrote:This is probably the reason it fails. The 'trigger space' overlaps. Make a bug report in the Bugtracker (separate account needed) to get this addressed.
theDaniel wrote:I filed a bug report, Ticket #9812
Sasquatch wrote:It would seem that the spacer in the OSX toolkit is just too small. Maybe it can be fixed, but it's possible it's a bug in the toolkit itself.
No other app I use (in 10.7) that has a resizable splitter has this problem, at least that I've noticed. For example Mail.app, Dictionary.app or couple of the FTP apps I use have this splitter too, w/o problems.