VirtualBox on 10.5 Leopard - Lets fix it together!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Kat

Post by Kat »

If the "do not"/verboten symbol bothers you, you can do something like this from your vbox build directory:

Code: Select all

cd out/darwin.x86/release/dist
sed 's/VBoxDrv/VBoxBFE/g' <VBoxDrv.kext/Contents/Info.plist >VirtualBox.app/Contents/Info.plist
This simply copies the meta-information from the VBoxDrv bundle to the VirtualBox bundle and replaces references to VBoxDrv with VBoxBFE.

Since VBoxBFE doesn't do anything useful with no command line arguments, this is merely a cosmetic fix and won't do anything particularly useful. It just makes Leopard happy since it now has an application to reference (it can now figure out that the application is Leopard compatible). You should also probably replace the references to kext/KEXT in the new Info.plist file as well.
peterk

Post by peterk »

Yes, thanks Kat, I got networking before reading your msg,. In fact -natdev2 just brought up the atheros wireless, no fuss. A Hard Disk install of Ubuntu needed a little persuasion to use it.

Couple of cosmetic issues, and yes I read the notice on the box ;-) "Work in Progress": while nat is active the screen resolution cannot be changed, ie. not reduced below a maximum window size; and 2. at startup there is always this message:

2008-02-03 21:36:27.097 VBoxBFE[[pid]:10b] Warning once: This application, or a library it uses, is using NSQuickDrawView, which has been deprecated. Apps should cease use of QuickDraw and move to Quartz.
Anyhow there's another thread here from kseki offering his build to try. More later...
mkv22

How to change i386-elf-gcc-3.4.3 to 3.4.6

Post by mkv22 »

Dear All,

Where is the version number hard-coded in the kmk make system? I am using the 3.4.6 and I would like to change that. It works fine, if I ln -s i386-elf-gcc-3.4.6 i386-elf-gcc-3.4.3, which is an ugly ugly hack!

Many thanks.

Best.
goli

Post by goli »

hello folks

i have a problem to compile i386-elf-gcc. the workaround in the bugdatabase, which also is described in the first post of this thread, didn't work for me. why? well it seems that i have another Makefile than you

my path to the makefil is as follows

/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_cross_i386-elf-gcc/work/build/Makefile
but unfortunately i never see the LIBINTL line int this file

what do i wrong?

thx