Team Viewer hangs when bridged network is used.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
einord
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008

Team Viewer hangs when bridged network is used.

Post by einord »

I have a strange problem on my Mac mini Server (Snow Leopard Server), when I try to use bridged network for the client. When i start the machine i cannot access my server via Team Viewer (in my case I do when I need to reach it from work where we have Windows).

If I connect to my mac mini server that hosts the VM via Team Viewer, everything works fine until I start the VM. Then the connection hangs up, and I must connect to the terminal via ssh and kill the VM, and Team Viewer suddenly continues to respond.

This does never happen at any other point when I use Team Viewer, and only if i use bridged network. Big shame, because I want to be able to connect to my VM via the Remote Desktop connection in Windows, and therefore need access to it's IP-address, even from WAN.

The same thing happens from my iMac, but I do not recall having problems with this a few months ago (maybe an older version of Virtual Box?). I've also tried to change network card and MAC address, but there's no difference.
Buhler

Re: Team Viewer hangs when bridged network is used.

Post by Buhler »

HI,

I known it's a 4 year old topic, but after all these years I'm having the exact same problem.
Does anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks
noteirak
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Debian, Win 2k8, Win 7

Post by noteirak »

I can only image the VM is configured with a conflicting MAC or the guest with a conflicting IP. Validate your network config before going further.
Hyperbox - Virtual Infrastructure Manager - https://apps.kamax.lu/hyperbox/
Manage your VirtualBox infrastructure the free way!
Buhler

Post by Buhler »

noteirak wrote:I can only image the VM is configured with a conflicting MAC or the guest with a conflicting IP. Validate your network config before going further.
Thanks noteirak for your reply.

I figured out the problem... in VM I was using the first network adapter as NAT (defauld in VB) and creating a second adapter in bridge mode, causing the conflict.
So I deactivated the first NAT adapter and left only the second one. Now everything is running okay.