Shared Folders

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
wtr

Shared Folders

Post by wtr »

I try to use a shared folder but do not succeed. I read the user guide on this but could not understand it enough.
I have installed the extensions and I can see the Innotek folder in my Program Files ("Programme", as it is a german Win2000). But nowhere can I find a VBoxManage command or such thing, as mentioned in the user guide.
I have defined the Windows as being without network, was that an error? Does it have to have an active network somehow?
I also have defined a folder from my desktop as the sharedfolder via the small icon, but I cannot see it anywhere in the windows system.

Thanks for helping!
gam
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: WinXP; Win 7; Linux Mint

Re: Shared Folders

Post by gam »

wtr wrote:I try to use a shared folder but do not succeed. I read the user guide on this but could not understand it enough.
I have installed the extensions and I can see the Innotek folder in my Program Files ("Programme", as it is a german Win2000)But nowhere can I find a VBoxManage command or such thing, as mentioned in the user guide.....
VBoxManage is a (Darwin) command-line tool. You need to run it from Terminal. At the shell prompt, type:

$vboxmanage -help

and have a look at the options available.

I also have tried to get Shared Folders working, & even 'tho I (think) I understand the documentation and have done everything required, I'm having no luck.

Is it actually possible for a Win2k guest on my machine?
Mac OS X 10.11.x; 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 iMac
Virtual Box 5.0.8
Guest OSs: Win XP; Win7; Linux Mint