Inconsistent Filesystem Structure?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
networkassault

Inconsistent Filesystem Structure?

Post by networkassault »

I have a MacBook with an Intel Core 2 Duo (at 2.16GHz), 1GB of RAM, and Mac OS X 10.4.10 and am running Ubuntu 7.10 "Gusty Gibbon." It has worked well for me until just about a half an hour ago. I missed the low battery warning that my Mac issued because I was in fullscreen. As a result, the Mac stopped working when the battery died. The physical hard drive is just fine, but whenever I try to start up my virtual machine, I get this error that says "Error 16: Inconsistent Filesystem Structure
Press any key to continue"
This is no doubt from not shutting down when the battery died. As a result, I assume that the disk image is corrupted. Are there any applications that can repair a .vdi disk image? Is there anything that I can do short of creating a new disk and reinstalling the OS? I really don't want to reinstall because I've already installed quite a bit of software and I would have to download the .iso disk image again, which took much too long when I downloaded the file originally.

Edit: I created a new hard drive, downloaded the disk image, and installed it again. I would still like to know whether there is any sort of utility to fix corrupted .vdi files, though.