Networking with virtual box

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
jmyler
Primary OS: Mac OS X Leopard
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: ubuntu, windows xp

Networking with virtual box

Post by jmyler »

I hope this hasn't been covered to many times but i can't seem to find the exact answer i'm looking for. I've done some searching and i've seen some threads talking about the network part of the options but it doesn't sound like exactly what i need.
Anyway i bought a HAVA multimedia streamer (essentially a slingbox) and the software is only for PC. I've had XP pro on my macbook for a while now so I thought, no problem i'll install on there and be on my way. Well i've always noticed that it looks like XP doesn't even recognize that it's connected to the internet or a network, but when i open a browser it just works. Well when i tried to connect to this HAVA box across my network it also doesn't recognize that it's connected to anything and errors out.

How can I fix this problem so windows sees my wireless card and my home network?

Thanks guys.
vbox4me2
Volunteer

Re: Networking with virtual box

Post by vbox4me2 »

You open up a browser and it works + you see xp not having a network connection? it doesn't add up :D how is xp configured and how is the VM setup for the network?
jmyler
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: ubuntu, windows xp

Post by jmyler »

I've tried all the network connection combinations it seems like i can't get one to act like it's connected.
bozok
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: XP

Post by bozok »

You have to map a network card to windows and define IP settings (DHCP will probably do)