Installing Two Versions of VB on OS X

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
HalNineThousand

Installing Two Versions of VB on OS X

Post by HalNineThousand »

One of the main reasons I want to use VirtualBox is to be able to play older versions of Myst. (I'm not a big game player, but this is the one game I use when I need a serious break.) I do use a version of Windows in VB on my iMac for a few other things as well.

I'm currently using VB 2.2.4, but I've read (in this thread, on this page: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic. ... 795#p80795) that I can use WineD3D on the XP guest to get 3D Acceleration, however, it doesn't seem to work on version 2.2.x for reasons I don't fully understand.

Is there some way I can install, on OS X, both version 2.2.4 AND version 2.1.4? I don't mind if they don't use the same VM. I can stick with Myst on an older VM until a new version of VB is out with the patch so WineD3D works on it, then upgrade to that and reinstall whatever programs I need to.

Thanks for any info or help on this.
Perryg
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: *NIX

Re: Installing Two Versions of VB on OS X

Post by Perryg »

Sorry that is not possible given the way that VirtualBox works on you PC. There may be a way to hack this but it is simply not worth the problems that you would encounter.