Seamless on OS X

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
vkeven

Seamless on OS X

Post by vkeven »

First thank you for this good product! 8)

We used OS X , Windows and Linux in our lab so this product is really a must for us but we would like to have seamless in mac os x , its look like ye're close to get it because when I switch to seamless in mac my virtual windows get fullscreen but the windows desktop doesn't disseaper, so I don't know if ye're already aware but anyway keep up your good work! :D
vkeven

Post by vkeven »

Not really responsive forum :(
Harald Lukas

Seamless mode

Post by Harald Lukas »

Hi!

Your description is not very clear. Did you install the guest-enhancements?
Did you try the key-commands? Does the dock appear?
My seamless mode works seamlessly (MacBook, 10.4.10, XP-SP2).
If necessary, you can reinstall Virtual Box without loosing the guest-installation.

H. Lukas
jakobssystems

Seamless on Mac

Post by jakobssystems »

I have a strange issue on my mac:

After resuming an Windows XP (with vbox guest additions) the Seamless command key doesnt work, but if i switch to full screen (Cmd+F) and right after it to seamless (Cmd+S) it works...

On second: It would be real seamless without the Windows background blocking the view to my Macs' Background and with support of the dock for windows apps (like in vmware fusion) and i think thats what the initial post says. But i am already happy with a "windows in a box" and dont need further seamless additions.
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

vkeven: Your statement is unclear. Please provide us screenshots (you can upload them to www.yousendit.com)
vkeven

Post by vkeven »

When I switch to seamless the windows background doesn't disappear so I can't see my mac desktop
ggd

seamless mode almost working but...

Post by ggd »

I get the same symptoms as jakobssystems

Mac OS X (intel macbook 10.4.11) Dock and menu are useable but windows (XP SP2) background stays

Guess this is no surprise, since seamless mode is supposed to be available starting with VirtualBox version 1.5 (from the user manual) and current mac version is 1.4.1b2

Still a very good and usefull app

thanks for your work