Problem with Shared Folders

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Casho
Primary OS: Mac OS X Leopard
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Problem with Shared Folders

Post by Casho »

I am having a problem with Shared Folders that I would really appreciate some help on.

I have just installed VirtualBox 2.2.4 on my MacBook (OSX 10.5.7) for use with the latest build of Windows 7.

Everything has worked perfectly, except for Share Folders. When I try to save a new file from Windows 7 to the Shared Folder in OSX, I get an error message that ‘There are no more files’. I have no problem opening files from the Shared Folder, and can even make changes and save it back to the Shared Folder, but if I rename the file or create a file from scratch, I get the error message.

These are the steps I followed in creating the shared file:
- I created a folder called VBShare under my Documents Folder.
- Within 'Get Info' for the folder VBShare I ticked ‘Shared Folder’ and made sure that the permissions are read and write.
- I then went into Settings within Vitual Box and within Share Folders I added the VBShare, and made sure Read-only wasn’t ticked.
- I then went into Windows 7 and right clicked on my computer and selected Map Network Drive, and I typed \\vboxsvr\VBShare.

I have no problem writing to the Shared Folder from other computers on my home network.

It doesn't look like I am alone, as the following ticket has been raised that sounds identical to my situation http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/4106

This issue is driving me nuts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.