Windows 7 RC installation problem

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
Muscar
Primary OS: Mac OS X Leopard
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows 7

Windows 7 RC installation problem

Post by Muscar »

I've downloaded the windows 7 RC released yesterday, and whenever I try to mount the .iso I get this:Image

HELP!!
vbox4me2
Volunteer

Re: Windows 7 RC installation problem

Post by vbox4me2 »

Maybe going back to school to learn how to read may help. The error message clearly states what the problem is.
Muscar

Post by Muscar »

vbox4me2 wrote:Maybe going back to school to learn how to read may help. The error message clearly states what the problem is.
maybe not being an ******* would do some help, I don't know how to fix it. just because you know doesn't mean everyone else does.
Muscar

Post by Muscar »

Never mind, I fixed it with the help of someone that wasn't a *** ****.
vbox4me2
Volunteer

Post by vbox4me2 »

Good grief, you found someone who can read? must be your lucky day, apart from some serious attitude problems.
MenaceF1
Primary OS: MS Windows XP
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: N/A

Post by MenaceF1 »

Actually, the only bad attitude I can see on this thread is coming from 4box4me2.
People post to forums such as this for answers, not abuse. If you feel a question is too obvious to bother answering, then say nothing, and let someone else help people out. As an IT manager, if I saw behaviour such as yours in the workplace, I'd have them removed from my team.

Muscar, I'm glad you got it sorted. Don't be afraid to post to this forum again if you need more assistance.
vbox4me2
Volunteer

Post by vbox4me2 »

MenaceF1 wrote:Actually, the only bad attitude I can see on this thread is coming from 4box4me2.
People post to forums such as this for answers, not abuse. If you feel a question is too obvious to bother answering, then say nothing, and let someone else help people out. As an IT manager, if I saw behaviour such as yours in the workplace, I'd have them removed from my team.

Muscar, I'm glad you got it sorted. Don't be afraid to post to this forum again if you need more assistance.
Good grief another one who can't read, let me spell it out in case you missed it being a manager and such...
The actual error message states:
"Cannot register the CD/DVD image............"
"because a floppy image......."
"with UUID.........already exists........"

With full path info, and UUID info.

But it seems it is much easier to just paste the error message screen and then complain about it instead of actually reading it and maybe use the brain for what it is actually for. If I'd find a clueless manager like this within a programme I'd demote'm.