Problems with office 2007 install running off Vista VM.

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
bammers
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Vista

Problems with office 2007 install running off Vista VM.

Post by bammers »

Hi all,

Just want to know if anyone else has run into the problem I'm experiencing.

I am running off a MacBook using Sun XVM Virtual Box 2.1.4 - Complete fresh install and patched up to date.

I have installed Windows Vista 32bit Business version as my Virtual Machine, however I am having problems with installing Microsoft Office 2007. The error message I receive when I attempt to kick off an install is "Setup could not find any available products to install. Please contact your system administrator".
Once the above error message appears the only option I have is to click ok and the setup terminates.

I have done alot of googeling, however that has turned up nothing. I have installed office a truck load of times and never stumbled across this before and its doing my head in.

Also another issue I'm having is im unable to join to the current network domain. Its as if it can't actually find a domain to join (not asking for any credentials) which is weird as I have joined all the other PC's to the domain. Could it be the networking side of this VM which is preventing me connecting to this domain?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)
stevlina
Primary OS: MS Windows 7
VBox Version: OSE Mandriva
Guest OSses: window xp

Re: Problems with office 2007 install running off Vista VM.

Post by stevlina »

How to move Microsoft Office 2007 from my laptop to my son's laptop? I have installed Microsoft Office 2007 (Home and Student) in my laptop. I would like to uninstall it from my laptop and install it in my son's laptop since he is going away to college this fall. I have already used up all the three installs so this is the only option that I have without having to buy the software again. Any suggestions?