Displaying Powerpoint slide show on Secondary display!

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
blwill

Displaying Powerpoint slide show on Secondary display!

Post by blwill »

I am using Mac OSX 10.5.6 and I am using virtualbox to run windows xp. What I am trying to do is use a secondary display to project only the powerpoint slide show and not the program itself. I have tried installing a secondary display in the display menu, but it tries to project itself on top of the default display instead of displaying on the secondary display. In my display menu there is only one display install which is the virtual box display, if you try installing it again it produces the problem just stated. If I try and install a different display driver, it just says that it is unable to work.

I have downloaded the VM ware fusion trial and I am able to display the slide show onto a secondary monitor, (it has two displays installed), I have to use it in "Unity mode" and "full screen". When I enter both of these modes at the same time it projects the desktop onto the secondary monitor. In virtual box I thought I could do the same, by using "seamless mode" and "Full screen Mode" together. But virtualbox only allows me to enter into one of the two modes and not both modes at the same time. With virtual box when I go to "Full screen mode" it cause the secondary display to go black and then projects the Mac desktop background like normal. Any help would be appreciated. I have read parts of the manually but have not seen anything about this.

thanks