MOving from the VIRTUALBOX SPACE in OSX

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
dltodd

MOving from the VIRTUALBOX SPACE in OSX

Post by dltodd »

I use the SPACES functionality in OSX!

I was having trouble using OSX SPACES and the ability to move between spaces without going to the top menu and selecting the space I wanted to go to. Normally I should be able to press the <Apple> key and an arrow and move out of the space I am in. I could not move out of the VIRTUALBOX Space, it would not do it by pressing the <Apple> key and an arrow.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem or not.

BUT, I finally got it to work by pressing <Apple> TWICE quickly, and holding it down on the second press and then adding the arrow key I wanted to move in. I come onto it by accident. I couldn't find anything in the documentation on how to make it work. I understood it should recognize the <Apple> key and an arrow on the first try and move out of that SPACE.

Has anyone else tried this or had a similiar problem? Is this the way it is supposed to work? Can anyone else validate my solution?

Thanks in advance!
DLTODD
rm53

Post by rm53 »

I think this behavior is correct.
The first press to the (left!!!) Command-key leaves the VM client.
Afterwards any Mac-key-combination will work as usual, including your Cmd-[numberkey] for switching spaces.

You can configure a different key for leaving the client, it is called Hostkey in VB language.
TerryE
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 10.04 & 11.10, both Svr&Wstn, Debian, CentOS

Post by TerryE »

You do this through the GUI Preferences menu option.
Read the Forum Posting Guide
Google your Q site:VirtualBox.org or search for the answer before posting.