VM alias icon keeps droping

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
FAUSTOCG

VM alias icon keeps droping

Post by FAUSTOCG »

Hi, I´m new to macOS I have serveral imacs with big sur operating system, they need to run a windows 10 VM, I have created an alias (shortcut) on the imacs desktop and replaced the default blue virtualbox icon for the VM alias but when
a restart the imac and double click on the custom icon alias it disappears and changes back to the default blue virtualbox icon. Can somebody help me with this issue? Why the custom icon does not stick to the alias?

best regards
Raavikant
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE Fedora
Guest OSses: Windows 10 build 10586 (32/64-bit)

Re: VM alias icon keeps droping

Post by Raavikant »

Hi,

You can try this method and It may definitely help-

Set Custom Icon:
Select the alias you created on your desktop.
Press "Command + I" or right-click and choose "Get Info" to open the Info panel for the alias.
In the Info panel, click on the small virtualbox icon in the top-left corner (it should become highlighted).
Now, paste your custom icon image (copy it first) by pressing "Command + V" or choosing "Edit > Paste" from the menu.

Lock the Icon:
After pasting the custom icon, click on the icon image in the Info panel, then choose "File > Make Alias." This should create a new alias with your custom icon. Make sure to lock the icon by clicking the padlock icon at the bottom of the Info panel.

Thanks