Windows 10 does not start

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
sebascruz

Windows 10 does not start

Post by sebascruz »

Hello, I'm new at this. I have a Macbook air m1 and I'm trying to install windows 10 for a project at my university. I followed several tutorials so I think I did everything right, but when I start the virtual machine, it gets stuck on the windows logo. Then I do a click with the mouse and I get this:
"A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped.
For help, please see the Community section on virtualbox web page or your support contract. Please provide the contents of the VBox log file. log and the image file Box. png, which you can find in the /Users/sebastiancruz/VirtualBox VMs/Windows 10/Logs directory, as well as a description of what you were doing when this error happened.
Note that you can also access the above files by selecting Show Log from the Machine menu of the main VirtualBox window.
Press OK if you want to power off the machine or press Ignore if you want to leave it as is for debugging. Please note that debugging requires special knowledge and tools, so it is recommended to press OK now."
I need help please, right now I can't buy another computer.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Windows 10 does not start

Post by scottgus1 »

Please see the M1/M2 sticky in the Mac Hosts forum. Windows 10 will not run in Virtualbox on M1/M2 Macs. You'd need an Intel-based Mac.