"Alert" from os/x that extensions soon no longer load

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
jimoe
Primary OS: openSUSE
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: os/2, win-xp, win-10

"Alert" from os/x that extensions soon no longer load

Post by jimoe »

macOS Monterey 12.5.0
VBox 6.1.32

This is related to the topic Monterey 12.5.1 and extensions not loading.

We received an "Alert" from the OS that vaguely alluded to certain extensions published by Oracle may not work in the next system update, which would be v12.5.1. The recommended procedure is to contact the publisher.

Are there any recommended procedures?
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: "Alert" from os/x that extensions soon no longer load

Post by multiOS »

Those 'alerts' have been appearing on my 2019 MacBook Pro ever since the initial upgrade to Monerey but have had no effect at all on my use of VirtualBox, even though Oracle still doesn't claim compatibility with Hosts running any version of macOS later than 10.15 (Catalina).

Similar Apple warnings have also regularly appeared in previous versions of macOS for software (other than VirtualBox) which would not be compatible with 'a future version of macOS. As far as I can ascertain this has always meant the next major OS upgrade rather than updates of the current version, i.e. Ventura will be the 'next macOS version' to which those warnings will most likely to apply. But, as Apple clearly appears to be on a path towards the forced redundancy of Intel Macs at soon as possible...
jimoe
Primary OS: openSUSE
Guest OSses: os/2, win-xp, win-10

Re: "Alert" from os/x that extensions soon no longer load

Post by jimoe »

Thank you.