Cant Uninstall Virtual Box on Monterrey

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
AlexMu

Cant Uninstall Virtual Box on Monterrey

Post by AlexMu »

So i tried uninstalling virtual box on iOS Monterrey by using the unistaller tool and was able to give the command to uninstall virtualbox and then give the command to uninstall the FUSE mac OS core package but then im required to type my administrator password but for some reason when im going to enter the password the terminal doesn´t let me type it and if I press the enter button it automatically tells me that it is the incorrect password. Virtual box doesn't specify that this uninstaller tool doesn't work for Monterrey and I don't know how else can I completely uninstall virtual box. Any suggestions are welcomed.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Cant Uninstall Virtual Box on Monterrey

Post by mpack »

I'm no Mac expert, but AFAIK VirtualBox doesn't ask for passwords except when launching an encrypted VM. Therefore you are asking about a MacOS password (probably the admin password to get "sudo" rights for a package manager) and ISTM difficulties with that should be taken to a MacOS support forum.
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Re: Cant Uninstall Virtual Box on Monterrey

Post by granada29 »

@AlexMu
The uninstaller is a shell script running in a Terminal session. When prompted for your password, just type it in and press enter. The terminal session will not display the characters you type. This is normal security practice so that your password is not viewable in clear text.